The Chief George Manuel Memorial Library is dedicated to the memory of Secwepemc Chief George Manuel, (1921-1989) and to the nations of the Fourth World, to the elders and to the generations to come.
This library is among the largest indigenous peoples libraries in the world, containing over a 100,000 full text documents,reports, and publications from American Indian nations and indigenous nations from around the globe and serving as a node on the World Wide Web library system.
The library provides free access to many thousands of documents and premium access via subscription only. Our library is regularly updated, however we depend upon you to support this vital work. Read more...
This archive was developed under the Fourth World Documentation Program, that was originally authorized by a resolution of the Conference of Tribal Governments. The resolution was originally sponsored by Chairman Cliff Keline of the Muckleshoot Tribal Council in 1979. We have digitized more than 1000 of these documents so they will be available to Tribal governments, researchers, students and people interested in policy developments in the Fourth World.
Our librarian and research assistants may be able to secure documents from the hardcopy archive. simply write to: Librarian and request information. There will be a charge for this service. Ask the Librarian.
If you're not sure what you're looking for, you might want to start with a search of all the pages contained in the Center for World Indigenous Studies Web Site.
- The 1st International Pharmacoeconomic Conference on Alzheimer's Disease (AD) was held in Amsterdam in July 1998. The meeting was held under the auspices of the International Working Group for Harmonization of Dementia Drug… moreDownload
- Quinault Indian Nation Title 40, Business License Ordinance (Billing for Business Taxes), Correspondence with Dept. of Revenue, Quinault Indian Nation Application for business LicenseDownload
- Copyrighting Registration and Precedure Packets and example forms.Download
- Article discussing the life and work of Rudolph Rÿser. Includes his current and previous jobs/careers, his experience and current projects in planning and development stages. Also includes a photo.Download
- Interview with Rudolph Rÿser regarding his Preliminary Findings of the Self-Government Process, government-to-government negotiations, success of self-governance regarding tribes, about Rudy's final report on the topic.Download
- Website printout of the foundation and its components. Includes application procedures, research library program, its homepage and a paper on the George Manuel Library expansion project.Download
- Program guidelines include operations, program descriptions, education, international peace and security, international development, democracy, special projects and how to apply for a grant.Download